ACTA is a Public Authority
established July 1, 2002 by the Alamance County Board of Commissioners under North Carolina General
Statutes Chapter 160A, Article 25. The Authority is to provide transportation for the elderly, disabled,
and general public residing in Alamance County. The Authority utilizes vans and buses which are ADA
equipped, including wheelchair lifts, to assist persons with specialized needs.
It shall be the mission of the Alamance County
Transportation Authority (ACTA) to provide safe, economical, and effective transportation to any resident of Alamance
County needing such services. This mission shall be achieved through:
1. A commitment to customer service.
2. Awareness of and attention to changing transportation needs.
3. Continuous, coordinated, and comprehensive transportation planning.
4. Marketing outreach to area agencies and businesses.
5. Sound financial management.
ACTA serves all of Alamance County. Out of
county residential services are provided to Duke and Chapel Hill.
provided by ACTA relate to General Public and Special Transportation needs for
residents of Alamance County. These services are outlined in detail under
Programs & Services.
rates for senior citizens.
Click here to learn more.
Back to Top